Small start - big future
The history of Erne Fittings spans several generations starting with a coppersmith that grew into the innovative full-range supplier of fittings with an ultramodern logistics center that it is today.
Milestones along the path to becoming an internationally successful group of companies:
- 1920: Company founder Josef Erne starts his coppersmith in Schlins
- 1984: Construction of the prematerial warehouse on Josef-Erne-Strasse in Schlins
- 1988: Acquisition of the plant in Mürzzuschlag by VEW
- 1992: Construction of the high rack warehouse in the logistics center Schlins
- 1997: Establishment of ELB-Form, Vandans, as a joint-venture with Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
- 2001: Acquisition of Siekmann Fittings GmbH & Co. KG
- 2002: Establishment of Erne Fittings Inc., Houston
- 2003: Expansion of the high rack warehouse
- 2004: Establishment of the sales office in Shanghai
- 2006: Establishment of Erne Fittings Middle East Co. Ltd.
- 2008: FORM Group becomes a 100 %-subsidiary | Commissioning of the new production hall in Oberer Au
- 2011: 100 % acquisition of Erne Fittings Middle East Co. Ltd.
- 2011: Establishment of the family holding erne group